Welcome to Conquer Anxiety and Depression
What Is Anxiety Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
Treatment For Anxiety Can Varyfrom: Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Getting past the hurdles presented by anxiety disorder is no easy undertaking. It is possible, however, for people to do just that and learn to enjoy life again. The actual steps involved in treatment for anxiety can depend a great deal on the type of disorder present and the perceived cause of the disorder.
Causes Of Anxiety
One factor that can greatly impact treatment for anxiety is the potential cause of the disorder itself. In most cases, treatment for anxiety hinges on the factors that came into play to create the condition. Anxiety is believed to stem from one of three things or a combination of them. They are:
* Genetics. If there is a family history of anxiety disorder, this can play a role in helping determine the right treatment for anxiety.
* Brain chemistry. Sometimes the levels of chemicals in the brain are off kilter and can help add to anxiety problems. In regard to treatment for anxiety, this factor can often be alleviated somewhat by use of medications to bring chemical levels into balance.
* Outward stimulus. In some cases, anxiety is caused entirely by real life experiences. Extreme trauma, for example, is a noted factor in the formation of anxiety disorders.
Potential Treatment For Anxiety
Once the causes of the disorder are examined, people can often find relief and even a cure in some cases. The possible treatment for anxiety prescribed by a professional generally includes a combination of things. For example:
* Medications. Medications such as Zoloft are very useful in the treatment for anxiety. These do not cure the condition, but they help remove some of the symptoms. In turn, a person suffering from anxiety is freed up to explore other avenues to prevent anxiety attacks from recurring.
* Therapy. Psychological therapy is quite effective as a treatment for anxiety. In the case of outwardly caused anxiety, it is crucial. If the root issues are tackled and faced, a person can actually experience a "cure." For those with chemical imbalances or genetic causes, therapy is still an effective treatment for anxiety. Through therapy, people can learn to recognize anxiety attacks as they are starting. They can also learn to develop the tools they need to regain control when they do happen.
* Alternative therapies. Everything from herbal remedies to meditation have proven themselves in some cases as effective treatment for anxiety. A lot does depend on the person and the particular treatment in use.
Treatment for anxiety is vital for people who want to regain control of their lives. Since anxiety disorder has the potential to be quite debilitating, it is wise for sufferers to seek out help. It is available.
What Is Anxiety News
Why Anxiety Is on the Rise in China - The Atlantic
Why Anxiety Is on the Rise in China
Almost half of all Chinese report feeling "more anxiety," now than they did five years ago. What, exactly, is driving these concerns, or increasing reports of these concerns? Avid followers of China-related news might immediately think of censorship ...
The age of anxiety: a medical condition or just the new normal? - The Independent
The age of anxiety: a medical condition or just the new normal?
This is the age of anxiety, the era of the benzodiazepine Xanax – "all jumpy and edgy and short of breath," as New York magazine puts it. Climate change, terrorism, recession – there's something for everyone to worry about, and a medication or a book ...
UH opens Anxiety and Health Research Laboratory-Substance Use Treatment ... - Your Houston News
UH opens Anxiety and Health Research Laboratory-Substance Use Treatment ...
Your Houston News
More than 40 to 50 percent of the cigarettes in the United States are consumed by people with anxiety and other mental disorders, according to Michael J. Zvolensky Hugh Roy and Lillie Cranz Distinguished University Professor at the University of ...
Separation anxiety's taking its toll on our referees - The Daily Telegraph
Separation anxiety's taking its toll on our referees
The Daily Telegraph
Separation anxiety's taking its toll on our referees. by: Mal Meninga; From: The Courier-Mail; May 19, 2013 12:00AM. Increase Text Size · Decrease Text Size · Print · Email · Share · Add to Digg · Add to del.icio.us · Add to Facebook · Add to Kwoff ...
Langevin Bridge will go green for Lyme awareness - CBC.ca
Langevin Bridge will go green for Lyme awareness
Symptoms can range from flu-like symptoms such as swollen glands, fever and joint aches to facial paralysis, memory loss, and oversensitivity to light. The psychological symptoms can also mimic mental illnesses like depression, bipolar disorder and ...
Gary Hume: 'I couldn't hold down a job. That's why I became an artist' - The Guardian
Gary Hume: 'I couldn't hold down a job. That's why I became an artist'
Plus, I do have a certain intellectual anxiety that the story I would tell would be too dull. I couldn't trust it to be interesting enough. I prefer to make something much stiller and emptier, where everybody disappears in it. I disappear, the viewer ...