Welcome to Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Symtoms Of Anxiety Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
Anxiety Symptoms Can Sideline A Lifefrom: Conquer Anxiety and Depression
With million of Americans suffering from one anxiety disorder or another, this mental illness is considered one of the most predominate and costly in the country. An estimated $22.8 billion is spent on anxiety-related problems each year. Understanding why these disorders are so debilitating starts with taking a closer look at anxiety symptoms. In their worst forms, they can cause people to completely isolate themselves from the world outside.
Which anxiety symptoms will appear in a person does depend a lot on the severity of the condition and the type of anxiety disorder present. Some symptoms are fairly common in people with anxiety conditions, but others tend to center around one specific disorder or another.
Some of the more common anxiety symptoms include:
* Extreme worry and tension. This may or may not be related to an irrational worry or concern.
* Unrealistic views. When people continually make mountains out of mole hills, this can be a sign of anxiety disorder.
* Angst. People with anxiety symptoms tend to be a bit on edge and are generally quite restless.
* Headaches. This is a "physical" symptom that can go along with some anxiety disorders. Other physical manifestations include sweating, nausea, muscle tightness and frequent urination.
* Lack of focus. Having a difficult time concentrating is a potential anxiety symptom. This is especially the case when concentration is blocked by other concerns. * Insomnia. This is a very common anxiety symptom. When a person suffers from insomnia, it can also lead to irritability and crankiness.
Anxiety symptoms can range a great deal from person to person. If panic attacks happen to be present, they will tend to present with their own set of symptoms. In addition to the above anxiety symptoms, a person who suffers from attacks might feel:
* Extreme, sudden fear. Some people describe panic attacks as if it feels like a bus is hitting them. Without warning, they strike and overwhelm a person with fear - irrational or otherwise.
* Heart palpitations. A racing heart that feels like it is beating out of a chest is a very common sign of a panic attack. This is one of the reasons why many people believe they are having a heart attack.
* Fear of dying. Because of the physical symptoms of panic attacks, some people truly believe they are succumbing to deal in the throes of an episode.
* Trembling. Uncontrollable shaking, sweating and other physical signs can go along with an attack.
Anxiety symptoms are felt by millions of people a year. In many cases, the symptoms are transient and might not ever return. For others, however, the symptoms become a part of life and generally require professional help to treat.
Symtoms Of Anxiety News
Anxiety symptoms should be taken seriously - Bendigo Advertiser
Anxiety symptoms should be taken seriously
If people recognised the symptoms of anxiety, they might talk to their doctor to find out about treatments that work. Some general symptoms include: n Feeling very worried or anxious most of the time;. n Finding it difficult to calm down;. nFeeling ...
Anxiety Symptoms Often Accompany Chronic Pain - PsychCentral.com
Anxiety Symptoms Often Accompany Chronic Pain
Anxiety Disorders Often Accompany Chronic Pain Individuals suffering from chronic pain should be evaluated for anxiety disorders, according to a new study published in General Hospital Psychiatry. “I think [health care] providers are more aware of the ...
Alternative Treatment Kava Shown to Reduce Anxiety - PsychCentral.com
Alternative Treatment Kava Shown to Reduce Anxiety
Alternative Treatment Kava Shown to Reduce Anxiety New research has shown that kava, a medicinal South Pacific plant, reduces the symptoms of anxiety and may be used as a successful alternative treatment to pharmaceutical drugs for those who suffer ...
Anxiety Disorders Cured Naturally? Australian Clinical Study Finds Success In ...
Local dispells shame and stigma surrounding depression - Whyalla News
Local dispells shame and stigma surrounding depression
SPEAKING OUT: Local Whyalla resident Damien Tann is featured in Beyondblue's new campaign targeting the symptoms of Anxiety Disorder. In Australia around one million Australian adults suffer from depression and over two million have an anxiety ...
Release Tension With An Easy Self-Massage (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
Release Tension With An Easy Self-Massage (VIDEO)
Massages (including self-massages) are associated with a number of health benefits, including lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol, less severe symptoms of anxiety and depression, and improved sleep. Using a rather unlikely tool, you can perform ...
Is Your Child a Bully or Being Bullied? - WSAW
Is Your Child a Bully or Being Bullied?
Kids who bully could also be experiencing symptoms of anxiety and depression but are coping with it in unhealthy ways. The important thing to remember is that when there is bullying both or all children involved need to receive help in order to know ...