Welcome to Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Social Anxiety Support Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
What To Watch Out For When Taking Anxiety Medicationfrom: Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Anxiety medication can be very useful for helping people regain control over their lives. Working to alleviate some of the more troublesome symptoms of anxiety, this medication can be a lifesaver. It does not matter, however, which particular brand name anxiety medication is taken, there are some cautions that go along with using these kind of drugs to combat the symptoms of attacks.
What To Tell A Doctor
Before accepting an anxiety medication to treat attacks, it is very wise to make sure a doctor is well apprised of a few things. Anxiety medication can be dangerous in some cases. Some of the thing to be certain to mention clearly include:
* Full medical history. Make sure the doctor knows about past illnesses, diseases and family history. Anxiety medication can be dangerous for use in patients with certain other medical conditions.
* All medications in use. Provide a doctor with a full list of every other medication currently in use. This includes over the counter drugs and herbal remedies. Some of these can have very dangerous interactions with anxiety medication. The more a doctor knows, the better.
* Addiction issues. If addiction has been a problem in the past, it is important to mention this. While it might not impact ability to take anxiety medication, it might signal the need for the doctor to more closely supervise use. Anxiety medication can be addictive in certain circumstances.
What To Do When Taking Medication
Anxiety medication can be incredibly useful in removing some of the more troublesome symptoms. It cannot, however, work on its own. For maximum effectiveness with any anxiety medication, it is very important patients:
* Take medication as prescribed. Some medications take a while to work. Following the directions exactly can be very important. This include dosage amounts, times and whether or not to eat food when taking the prescription.
* Report any side effects. Some of these medications have a potential for serious side effects. If these are a concern, report them immediately to a physician. If side effects are particularly severe, emergency medical attention might be in order.
* Discuss any new medications. Make sure the doctor prescribing anxiety medication knows about any other medication introduced while taking it. This includes herbs and over the counter drugs. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Anxiety medication can provide just the boost a person needs to work through and beyond attack symptoms. Taking it correctly and safely does matter though. The more patients share with their doctors, the better.
Social Anxiety Support News
Government Should Pay Women To Date Men With Social Anxiety, Suggests Man - Huffington Post
Government Should Pay Women To Date Men With Social Anxiety, Suggests Man
Social anxiety is a real mental health issue that can cripple both men and women's romantic lives, and those who struggle with it are certainly deserving of help and compassion. This scheme isn't the answer. The dating market can be bleak enough ...
An age-old problem that must be tackled head-on - Belfast Telegraph
An age-old problem that must be tackled head-on
There are many alternatives to residential care, including supported living accommodation, where people have their front door and own self-contained homes with care staff available on-site 24/7. Re-ablement services provide a short period of intense ...
Why are women still considered more insane than men? - Telegraph.co.uk
Why are women still considered more insane than men?
... or social influences predominate. “With respect to conditions such phobias and anxiety disorders the ratios are probably about equal,” Professor Lader notes, “With the willingness to admit or deny symptoms distorting the figures.” This distinction ...
Shrinks, critics face off over psychiatric manual
The Role of Biological Tests in Psychiatric Diagnosis
National Strategy on Indigenous Suicide - Pro Bono Australia
National Strategy on Indigenous Suicide
Pro Bono Australia
“The strategy will build on beyondblue's work in this field, which has a strong focus on building hope, resilience and awareness to promote positive social and emotional well-being in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. “This includes ...
No relief in life of chronic pain - Stuff.co.nz
No relief in life of chronic pain
"For the last decade I have given up a social life . . . I spent all my energy going to the doctors." Mr Hollyman said: "It's pretty hard seeing her. I can't do a lot to help her, just try and make her comfortable." She cannot sleep for more than two ...
Olly Murs: I've cracked America thanks to timing and One Direction support tour - Mirror.co.uk
Olly Murs: I've cracked America thanks to timing and One Direction support tour
With a little help from One Direction, whom he supported on their last tour, Olly has become a big name in the US. ... “Technology has changed with social media, Twitter and YouTube,” he explains. ... Now he says: “That was a lot of pressure and anxiety.