Welcome to Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Anxiety In Dogs Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
Treatment For Anxiety Can Varyfrom: Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Getting past the hurdles presented by anxiety disorder is no easy undertaking. It is possible, however, for people to do just that and learn to enjoy life again. The actual steps involved in treatment for anxiety can depend a great deal on the type of disorder present and the perceived cause of the disorder.
Causes Of Anxiety
One factor that can greatly impact treatment for anxiety is the potential cause of the disorder itself. In most cases, treatment for anxiety hinges on the factors that came into play to create the condition. Anxiety is believed to stem from one of three things or a combination of them. They are:
* Genetics. If there is a family history of anxiety disorder, this can play a role in helping determine the right treatment for anxiety.
* Brain chemistry. Sometimes the levels of chemicals in the brain are off kilter and can help add to anxiety problems. In regard to treatment for anxiety, this factor can often be alleviated somewhat by use of medications to bring chemical levels into balance.
* Outward stimulus. In some cases, anxiety is caused entirely by real life experiences. Extreme trauma, for example, is a noted factor in the formation of anxiety disorders.
Potential Treatment For Anxiety
Once the causes of the disorder are examined, people can often find relief and even a cure in some cases. The possible treatment for anxiety prescribed by a professional generally includes a combination of things. For example:
* Medications. Medications such as Zoloft are very useful in the treatment for anxiety. These do not cure the condition, but they help remove some of the symptoms. In turn, a person suffering from anxiety is freed up to explore other avenues to prevent anxiety attacks from recurring.
* Therapy. Psychological therapy is quite effective as a treatment for anxiety. In the case of outwardly caused anxiety, it is crucial. If the root issues are tackled and faced, a person can actually experience a "cure." For those with chemical imbalances or genetic causes, therapy is still an effective treatment for anxiety. Through therapy, people can learn to recognize anxiety attacks as they are starting. They can also learn to develop the tools they need to regain control when they do happen.
* Alternative therapies. Everything from herbal remedies to meditation have proven themselves in some cases as effective treatment for anxiety. A lot does depend on the person and the particular treatment in use.
Treatment for anxiety is vital for people who want to regain control of their lives. Since anxiety disorder has the potential to be quite debilitating, it is wise for sufferers to seek out help. It is available.
Anxiety In Dogs News
Service dogs help keep anxiety level low for veterans - Palm Beach Post
Service dogs help keep anxiety level low for veterans
Palm Beach Post
Service dogs Salsa and Prince were visiting to publicize the Dogs 4 Disabled Veterans program, one of the services 211 mentions to veterans, 6,000 of whom called 211 last year for help. The 211 service took 133,000 calls last year, helping people with ...
Curing a Dog's Separation Anxiety, Part One - Huffington Post
Curing a Dog's Separation Anxiety, Part One
My dog has separation anxiety. As a dog trainer and applied animal behaviorist, I can tell you this: It's bad. Bamboozle, the youngest of our four dogs, came to us through a client named Karen who'd intervened as the puppy was being transported to a ...
Depression and anxiety in dogs are similar to the same disorders in humans - Winnipeg Free Press
Winnipeg Free Press
Depression and anxiety in dogs are similar to the same disorders in humans
Winnipeg Free Press
According to Stanley Coren, author of Do Dogs Dream? and professor emeritus of psychology at the University of British Columbia, diagnosing anxiety, depression and other mental illnesses in dogs isn't unusual because they share a similar neurochemistry ...
Dog Behaviour: Dogs Can Have Separation Anxiety And Depression Just Like ... - Huffington Post Canada
Dog Behaviour: Dogs Can Have Separation Anxiety And Depression Just Like ...
Huffington Post Canada
According to Stanley Coren, author of "Do Dogs Dream?" and professor emeritus of psychology at the University of British Columbia, diagnosing anxiety, depression and other mental illnesses in dogs isn't unusual because they share a similar ...
Cleveland Women Can Decide If They Want Alleged Captor's Dogs - ABC News
Cleveland Women Can Decide If They Want Alleged Captor's Dogs
Three dogs rescued from alleged Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro are in foster care until the three women police say he held captive decide whether any one of them wants to keep the dogs. The Chihuahua and two terrier-poodle mixes were found at the ...
Tornado Pets: “We're here for them” - Wunderground.com (blog)
Tornado Pets: “We're here for them”
“There's only a couple that had storm anxiety, but we were here for them.” Volunteers at the shelter had cared for more than 70 dogs and cats who had yet for their families to find them and animals with families whose homes were among the about 13,000 ...
Why Do I Live in Moore?